STOP PRESS! Good news about the Ofsted visit. We are delighted that the Inspectors who visited Longwood Primary School at the end of September have recognised all the improvements the school has made since their last visit. The main headlines state that: * The school is making reasonable progress towards the removal of Special Measures. * The Interim Executive Headteacher has demonstrated great resilience as she has led the improvements that are now apparent in the school. * The Leadership Team supporting the improved outcomes for behaviour and Special Educational Needs is effective. * Teaching is improving and is better than at the time of the last monitoring visit. * Pupils attitudes to learning are improving and they are trying harder in lessons. The improvements we have seen this term are due to good team work and a desire to ensure improved outcomes for all pupils.
Welcome to Longwood Primary and Nursery School
Our School Aims:
Longwood was formed in January 2011 from the amalgamation of Peterswood Infants and Paringdon Junior schools. We are a small friendly Community school with a team of committed and experienced staff who work hard to provide every child with the best in education. We have high expectations of our pupils and motivate them to take an active part in their learning. We want all our pupils to enjoy their time with us and to experience the real pleasure of making progress and achieving the very best they can.
Our School Aims:
- To help each child to develop to a maximum potential through a stimulating and challenging curriculum.
- To provide a caring, safe, supportive and tolerant environment where everyone feels accepted, respected and valued.
- To encourage confidence and self-esteem alongside an understanding that good manners and consideration of others’ viewpoint is of paramount importance.
- To provide a broad, balanced education within the framework of the National Curriculum with progression and continuity at every stage.
- To work with parents, children and the wider community to support and enrich learning.
23rd January, 2015
9th January, 2015
19th December, 2014
12th December, 2014
5th December, 2014
28th November, 2014
21st November, 2014
14th November, 2014
7th November, 2014
24th October, 2014